Music Hack Day - Scotland
24 hours of music hacking: Software + hardware + art + web
Music Hack Day Scotland is an exciting event for musicians, makers, experimentalists and digital tinkerers to make ingenious musical projects in 24 hours. Anything goes, as long as it's music related.
- APIs and Data now ready to play with... Take a look!
Where and When?
Where: Summerhall. Edinburgh, Scotland.
When: Friday 24th to Saturday 25th August, 2012.
Keep in touch
3.15pm - Doors & Networking
3.30pm - Launch Party
A series of inspirational sessions with Matthew Herbert and other pioneers of music technology. This is open to anyone (including those not taking part in the full hack).
6pm - 7pm - API, Data and Hardware Introductions
7pm - Hack Begins
8pm - Dinner for Hackers
9am - Breakfast for Hackers
1pm - Lunch for Hackers
5-7pm - Show and Tell
7 til late - After Party
Want To Take Part?
- There's a few different ways you can get involved...
- Hackers: Come and build some amazing stuff. It's all good, provided it's linked to music somehow.
- Artists: If you're a musician or visual artist and love creativity, culture and technology, please join us. You don't need to know how to code to take part.
- Presenters: There'll be chances to present the latest features of your API to interested people at the hack event.
- Prize Sponsor: You can contribute by giving a prize to "best in show" hacks. You can even choose your own criteria for judging.
- Music Hack Day sponsor: This is a totally not-for-profit event run by volunteers. Our goal is to keep the event totally free for attendees. We rely on the goodwill of sponsors and involved companies to make this all happen. Any donations towards food and coffee will be gladly returned with promotion and publicity.